Cinematically famous spots in Barcelona
Who doesn´t remember the image of Scarlett Johansson on the terrace at La Pedrara? Barcelona´s presence is growing internationally thanks to films such as Vicky Cristina Barcelona with international audiences.
If you are a cinephile or simply curious about where Hollywood and other world-famous stars have been seen in the city, gear up and follow this list to see some of the memorable filming locations! Vicky Cristina Barcelona, All About My Mother (Todo sobre mi madre), and Perfume: The Story of Murderer are just a few of the many movies that have shot in this picturesque urban center.
• Monument to Christopher Colombus (Monumento de Colón) – scenes de All About My Mother (Todo sobre mi madre) and L’Auberge Espagnole • Plaça del Duc de Medinaceli – take a seat like Penelope Cruz in All About My Mother
• Plaça de la Mercè – where Grenuille was born in in Perfume.
• Plaça Reial – one of the city´s most emblematic plazas and a filming location for Perfume and L’Auberge Spagnole.
• Carrer Ferran – Grenuille and Grimal walk together in Perfume.
• Plaça Sant Jaume – a wedding is celebrated inside the local government building in the short film Instruction Manual for Love (Manuale D’Amore) • San Felipe Neri Plaza – The scene of the first crime in Perfume.
• La Ribera / Plaza de Santa María del Mar – the home of many of the most romantic scenes in Vicky Cristina Barcelona.
• Palau de la Música – one of the city´s greatest treasures, it is just across the street from the apartment most featured in All About My Mother.
• Plaça Rius i Taulets – one of the filming locations for Isabel Coixet´s film Map of the Sounds of Tokyo
And there are many more, but we at Aspasios leave you with these few for now and hope that you are as excited to us to explore these locations. Grab a map and set out – don´t forget to let us know which ones are your favorites!