Finally the season of flowers has arrived, our favourite time of the year in Madrid. Now tourists can enjoy a pleasant walk on the Gran Via, have a picnic in the Retiro park, or just have a drink in one of the city’s great bars. So here are our favourite ideas to revel in the spring in Madrid.
Spring in Madrid
Ideas For Foodies
- Take advantage of the spring and try the best octopus in “Pulpo Pasión” – the gastronomic route dedicated to the tasty Galician octopod. Last year’s edition was a great success. Let’s see how it works this year.
- If you are not that much into sea food, you also have many other opportunities to discover Madrid’s food culture. For example, during the whole of May you can enjoy the so-called “Bull’s Tail” gastronomic route.
- And for dessert you can just go to the ice cream parlour called Los Alpes, where they sell the city’s probably most delicious cold sweets to enjoy the spring of Madrid.
Ideas For Everyone
Beer and tapas in spring
- You like to relax on a Sunday afternoon on a sunny terrace with a glass of wine, a beer or a soda, don’t you? In this case, Madrid is definitely for you. Don’t miss the city famous and unique terrace atmosphere in the neighbourhood of Malasaña.
- Use the spring in Madrid to taste some delicious Spanish wines. It’s well worth it. If you are not that much of a wine fan, you can also try some of Madrid’s special beers, such as La Virgen and MadBrewin.
- A special tip for “beer junkies”: from March 30 to April 9 Madrid celebrates the “Beerstalegre” beer fair.
For Those Who Are Up For Everything
Madrid in spring has many things to enjoy
- On May 15, Madrid celebrates the day San Isidro, the patron saint of the city. That’s a great opportunity for everyone who likes to be all dressed up and go dancing at the very popular concert in Las Vistillas park.
- From May 26 to June 11, you can stop by the Madrid Book Fair. This year the event features Portugal as guest country. By the way, the fair also offers some great activities for those who are not proficient in Spanish or Portuguese.
Easy Ideas to Enjoy the Spring
Madrid’s parks are a great place to relax
- Take a stroll through the little known Park of the Quinta de la Fuente del Berro.
- Enjoy a day skating or cycling in the Madrid Rio Park.
- Go to see the stars at the Temple of Debod, at night, with that very special person you always wanted to invite.
- Discover the Dalieda of San Francisco the Great, a precious little spot still little explored. Once you’re there, take the Madrid cable car and see the city from the above – it’s just incredible!
By the way, if you come to Madrid the best option to stay are Aspasios Boutique Apartments. Thus, you will have the opportunity to take advantage of all these ideas. Come and enjoy this spring in Madrid!