Sitges is one of those cities you fall in love with immediately – an idyllic place on the Costa del Garraf to relax and enjoy Mediterranean sunshine and the best beaches in Catalonia.
It also offers incredible sea views from the terrace of the Aspasios Kare No Apartments, located in the centre of Sitges and equipped with all the amenities you need for a relaxing holiday.
Sitges is always worth visiting. However, in summer the city becomes a unique destination to spend your vacations, enjoy the sun and the beach.
This is our list of things to do in Sitges this summer:
- A pleasant walk through the streets of Sitges: Here you will find many small surprises that will make you fall in love with the city. Don’t miss the church of SantBartomeu and Santa Tecla, the Plaza de la Fragata, the spectacular gardens of Hort de Can Falc, and the Racó de la Calma.
- Enjoy the stunning sunrise and sunset: Sitges sunrises are perfect to enjoy with someone you love. Of course, it’s also true for sunsets. One of the best areas to enjoy it is the Plaza del Baluart.
- Take a bath in the sea: There are more than 20 beaches aroundSitges. These are themostspectacular:
Platja del Sausalito
Platja de Sant Sebastià
Platja de la Fragata
Platja del Garraf
Platja de l’Home Mort
- Art Nouveau architecture, an essential route to take in Sitges: From the train station, to Casa Bacardí, where you can taste great rum, to the Maricel and Cau Ferrat museums.
- For foodies: Among the impressive gastronomy of Sitges, you cannot miss the Sitgetana rice, the Xató salad and the coca de llardons, a delicious Catalan pastry with crackling.
- Festivities of Carmen: Every year on July 16 Sitges residents celebrate a festival in honour of the Virgin of Carmen, patron saint of sailors and fishermen. This day the Mediterranean Sea is filled with boats. When this boat procession passes near the cemetery, they throw flowers. A great show that is really worth it!
- Festivities of Sant Bartomeu: The biggest party in the city is celebrated the penultimate week of August.
- Art: Every first Saturday of each month the Art Galleries Association of Sitges organizes what is called “Nits Blanques”: The galleries open until 11 pm, and even serve cocktails to attract visitors.
- Shopping at any time: As a southern city, Sitgesis up well into the night. So shops are open quite late and streets are full of people who enjoy their spare time.
- For those who like sportsSitges offers plenty of possibilities. For example, you can take a trip through the Garraf Natural Park or practice snorkelling.
These are just some of the things to do in Sitges this summer. Undoubtedly, the city and its surroundings offer many options for a great vacation. Come and discover it!
Comments are closed here.